Thrifting Tips!

Hiya Friends!

I love going to thrift stores. It’s a great way to find clothes at a cheep price. A lot of people don’t like thrifting which I 100% understand but you can find so many hidden treasures there it’s honestly so surprising. So here are some tips for when you go thrifting to help you on your search!

look in the mens section

You may think that this is a bit weird but a lot of times you can find really good stuff in there. Sometimes things get accidentally thrown in with the mens and if you didn’t look obviously you wouldn’t even know it was there. I’ve found 2 really cute sweatshirts in the mens section.

Also don’t be afraid to look in the kids either. If you’re smaller/petite bigger kids sizes willfit you and a lot of times kids clothing is even cheaper.

don’t just look in your size

Baggier clothing is really in right now and going up 1 or 2 sizes you’d be surprised what you can find. Also like I said before things get missed placed in thrift stores all the time so even looking in a size lower then you, you can find some stuff.

keep a lookout for stuff on the floor

There is two reasons for this. One, it’s just being courteous picking something up and putting it on the hanger but the second reason is you can find something really cute! A lot of the time we just skip over something on the floor but you’d be surprised on what you could find.

if you like something put it in the cart

Even if you’re not 100% sure about getting it, put it in the cart. It’s not like others stores where you just can go back and get it. Most likely there is only one of that item and someone might have already taken it if you go back for it.

wash all your clothes before you wear them

Please, please do this. I know it might sound nasty but you ware wearing someone else’s clothes technically and you have no idea what one it so throwing them in the washer and dryer is a must.

That’s all guys! I hope this helps! Happy thifting!

Do you like thrifting? Do you have any tips for me? Let me know in the comments!

Love,

Ainsley

17 responses to “Thrifting Tips!”

1. Keziah says:

Awesome post!! I LOVE thrift store shopping soooo much. Absolutely my favorite. ๐Ÿ’•

Liked by 2 people

2. Plain Jane says:

These are amazing tips. I love thrift stores. Although thrifting is different in this part of the world haha

Liked by 1 person

3. Zainab says:

I love this!! Yesss I love baggy clothing – they’re so comfy! Omgggg I never thought of that, I’m really small so next time I’ll look in the kids sizes too ๐Ÿ˜‚ Great post!! โค

Liked by 1 person

4. Amber says:

I love thrifting soooooo much! This post was great! I always look in the coat section, and the purse section because a lot of times there are coats or purses that are expensive brands and are practically new! And then if they are on the affordable side, I’ll buy and re-sell them!
    Great tips! โค

Liked by 2 people

5. Great post! I usually hit the clearance rack and I always find a clothes that I like at a good price!

Liked by 2 people

6. Hattush says:

Ahhh, I love thrift stores!!

Liked by 1 person

7. Rosy Marr says:

Awesome tips! I LOVE thrift store shopping, even though I don’t do it much. So much fun! ๐Ÿ˜€

Liked by 1 person

8. The Obsession Begins says:

I never thought about looking in the mens…Mostly because of the obvious but also being I don’t think I will be able to find my size. I do however look in the kids section but not the boys. I should start doing that! Thanks for the tips ๐Ÿ™‚

Liked by 1 person