Recently I moved into a new room with my sister and we are in the process of redecorating. So I thought I’d pop on here and give you some ideas for your room plus some tips! Enjoy!
First up is what color. Me and my sister had no idea on what we wanted to paint our room but finally settled on light gray and mauve. There are a lot of different color schemes you can do but these are the most popular right now.
black and white
green and white
white red and beige
what to add
One of the biggest things is what else do I add besides my bed and a bedside table? Well there are a ton of cute furniture options that don’t take up a ton of space!
full length mirror
Ahhh this is the part people always seam to struggle with. Because you can pick out your colors and furniture but when it comes to stuff on the walls it can be tough so here are some tips.
- Don’t over crowd your walls! Oh my goodness I cannot stress this enough. People either tend to overload on decorations or hardly put any. It can be hard to estimate what is to much or what is good so ask for peoples opinions because when it’s overloaded with decorations it doesn’t look very good lol.
- Use stuff you’ve made for décor. Décor can be expensive so using art you’ve made, pictures you’ve taken, or things you’ve wrote can be a great way to decorate without spending a lot of money.
- If you can’t find anything scroll on pinterest. Man I tell you I absolutely love pinterest.😂 That’s besides the point, but anyway scrolling through it can give you ideas for ways to decorate your room.
- Put up some floating shelfs. They don’t necessarily have to be floating shelfs but putting up shelfs can take up room on your walls and you can put things on them. It’s a great way if you want décor but not to much.
- Find things that go with the aesthetic of your room. I’m the type of person that likes things to match so my décor in my room is obviously going to match the colors of the room and the aesthetic. Now if your not like that person then it’s fine but if you want your stuff to be matching then try and find things that fit the style.
That’s all guys! I hope you enjoyed this post! Let me know if there are any type of posts you’d like to see! Have a wonderful rest of your day!
Are you redoing your room? What does your room look like? Let me know in the comments!