I hope you all are having a wonderful day!
I can’t believe it’s august already! It’s insane! School is starting next week for me and I am not prepared lol. But anyway, today I wanted to do a post on how I am staying healthy and ways that you can as well! Hope you enjoy!
As some of you may know I play volleyball. I love the sport and my season is just getting started. A little while ago I noticed that I wasn’t really improving, I didn’t have a lot of energy, and overall, I was just getting really down on myself. But after talking with my mom, who eats pretty healthy and is always active, I realized I needed to change the way I was doing things. I realized I needed to change the way I worked out, the way I ate, and also just my mindset about it. And let me tell you after I started changing things, I quickly felt better about myself, had more energy, and because of that it gave me a push to keep going because it was working. So here is what I am doing!!
This is definitely the biggest thing I have changed. Before I wouldn’t say I ate bad, I just didn’t realize how much I was eating and how much sugar I was eating.
What I am doing now which has totally helped is watch how many calories I eat in a day. I got the My Fitness Pal app where you can log in what you eat and it will tell you how many calories it is and how many calories you have had that day. You can also add exercise as well. Before I started doing this, I don’t even know how many calories I ate but now I am only eating a little less than 1,500 per day. Which at the beginning felt like so little but now I realize that I don’t need as much food and I can still have a lot of energy.
Portion size is another big thing. Only taking a cup of noodles and a cup of salad is so much better than just throwing it on your plate and not thinking. This has also been a huge help.
Now I know a lot of people when they start being healthier, they start doing a diet like keto or whole 30 or something. Which is fine but I felt like I wasn’t eating bad I was just eating to much so I didn’t go on a so called “diet”. The only thing I did was I’m off of sugar and I’m not eating as many carbs but otherwise I eat about the same.
So I have always worked out but it was very inconsistent and it would be like I would do my legs of 10 minutes and be done. Which is fine for some people but wasn’t working for me. Now I am doing a lot or cardio and agility workouts. I can tell they are better for me and I feel like I’ve burned more calories at then end then if I just do a quick leg or ab workout by itself. I’ll sometimes add a leg or ab workout to the end of my cardio because it still is important and by itself for me I doesn’t really do much.
I don’t really come up with my own workouts. I either find a video online that I do or just look up a workout routine. I like doing videos a lot because I feel like I am doing it with someone and they keep pushing me to finish which is really nice!
I can’t tell you how important this is. Having a good mindset where you are proud of the little accomplishments you’ve made, not getting upset at yourself for setbacks, encouraging yourself to do things is so important.
My mom has helped me a lot with just keeping me accountable of what and how I eat which is very helpful. Having someone there to keep you accountable and just encouraging you helps your mindset so much. Those people push you but in a good way.
Don’t get down on yourself if you aren’t seeing changes, don’t having energy, or aren’t losing weight. I am very prone to doing this but I just have to keep reminding myself of my end goal.
Now before I give you tips I just wanted to say everyone is different. What I have said before and what I will say in the tips is what has worked for me. Some of these things won’t for you and some of them will but that’s where you have to figure out what is right and wrong for you. Okay now onto the tips!
- Having someone keeping you accountable is amazing but you also have to keep yourself accountable. Like say for example someone offers me ice cream, as you know I LOVE ice cream, I could say yes or I could think do I really need this right now and then pass it up. Or does it fit into my calories for today? Just things like that help to keep you accountable
- Don’t completely change your lifestyle right away. When I first started I was only eating about 700 calories I day and my mom said that it wasn’t very healthy. Because when you completely go the other way you may be eating less and feeling good about yourself but in the long run your metabolism is going to go down and you won’t have a lot of energy.
- Have fun with it. Don’t make having a healthy lifestyle a chore. It can be really fun is you put your mind to it.
- Try and get some activity every day. If it’s a not a workout and just a walk for a mile that’s fine! At least you’re going and getting your body moving!
- Everyone has bad days. Whether you just eat really badly and don’t feel motivated to go workout. That’s fine! Just as long as the next you get up and have a good mindset have try better it will get easier!
Well that is all guys! I hope you enjoyed this post! And let me know if you want to see more posts like this!
What are some tips you have for me? Does this help you? Let me know in the comments!
Leave a Reply